SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

dates, general women's session, & family day

This week was full of firsts for me. I had my first date in college, which was super weird! I'm not used to going out with strangers. I'm used to going with friends that I've known for a while, and it made me super nervous. I didn't know if we would have anything in common, or if we'd have anything to talk about. But it turned out great! We ended up going bowling and getting frozen yogurt.
It was great to get to know him better, and make a new friend.


On Saturday night Jenna and I had watched the General Women's broadcast. It was so good! I loved all the reminders to be different, happy, and charitable.


On Sunday, it was family day in my ward. Our parents were invited to join us for our meetings, and since my parents couldn't be there, my grandparents came down. It was so nice to see them and know how much they cared about me. They surprised me and came to listen to my talk in Sacrament meeting. We then had dinner and talked about what college has been like so far.



My parents felt bad that they couldn't be there so they had sent a care package with my grandparents. It was filled with snacks, cold medicine, and crafts for General Conference next week. 


I'm so grateful for their support with all that I'm doing. It makes me realize that even though I've had me hard moments, I'm doing the right thing. I've loved these moments of experiencing my first exam, first family visit, first college date, and first Women's Broadcast away from home. I can't wait to experience even more "firsts" while here in college.

Post a Comment