SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 1, 2017

halloween decor, general conference, & old friends

This past week has been so much fun! My roommates and I have started to get into the Halloween spirit early and kicked off our week by making the Pillsbury Halloween cookies. I remember loving these as a kid, and we couldn't pass them up when we saw them at Wal-Mart. We also got into the decorating mood and hung up our Halloween banner and lights. It was really fun and it made our apartment feel more like home. It made it feel really cozy and fun, especially after the rain that we had for the last few weeks. After decorating and making our cookies we went to the Clubhouse and played pool and ping-pong. It was fun to just hang out and let loose before another stressful week.





On Tuesday I went to go see our school's first play. At first I wasn't really sure what to expect, and I haven't ever heard of the play before. I was worried that I wouldn't like it very much, but I ended up loving it! It made me laugh so hard! I ended up loving it so much I saw it on Friday too. Afterward, my roommate Jenna and I went on got some frozen yogurt, since they gave a discount for people who went to opening night.



 On Saturday, I watched General Conference by myself at my apartment. All my roommates except for Maddie had gone home for the weekend. It was really weird to watch conference by myself, but it was actually very neat. I payed more attention to what the speakers were saying and really took their words to heart. I also had crafted some more decorations, from the care package my mom had sent me. In between sessions, I got to go to lunch with my old young women's president Melanie, and her husband Kent. I haven't seen them in over a year, so it was so good to catch up with them. Melanie had given me a graduation/congrats on your personal progress card with a very cute necklace. I'm so grateful for her example of selflessness and humility. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and I'm so grateful that I could have her as my Young Women's President and friend.



For the Sunday sessions of General Conference, Kent and Melanie invited me to join them at Kent's parents house. I had breakfast with them before the morning session. Turns out that Kent's dad is the first counselor in my Stake Presidency and he heard me speak last week! I felt so bad that I couldn't remember him... For the afternoon session, I joined Kent and Melanie for a canyon drive. It was so pretty! We ended up driving up to the highest point of the Manti Canyon. One of the best parts about living in a small town is that you can see sheep and cows up the canyon! It was a lot of fun to spend time listening to the words the Lord wants me to hear, in the world He created. Afterward, we had dinner and dessert before leaving. 













I loved being able to spend time with Kent and Melanie this weekend. They were so kind to invite me to join them so I wasn't alone. It made it a lot easier to be away from my family this weekend. I'm so glad that I could visit with them. They are so cute and so much fun to be with. I can't thank them enough for all they've done for me.

Post a Comment