SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 19, 2018

bowling, valentine's day, & birthday surprises

This week started out as the funnest week! Jenna, Autumn, Ash, and I went bowling with some guys that Jenna and Autumn knew. Even though we all stunk, it was a ton of fun! Afterwards, we all got in Jenna's car and headed to a graveyard. Autumn and I squished in the back to get there. At first it was scary, but once Autumn and I locked out Ash and Jenna we ended up having a great time:) In all seriousness it was really a party and one of the best nights we've had in a long time!



Tuesday night was great, but Wednesday turned out to be really difficult for me. And it was Valentine's Day- one of the best days of the year, right?! But I ended up having a mental breakdown over a problem I had at the Testing Center. After I had come home from choir, I found out that Jenna and Autumn were also having a rough day. Ashlyn definitely made us feel better when she told us there was a candy shop in Manti that was open! We headed over and I got a Peanut Butter S'mores which was so good!


We got home from the candy shop and I saw that my Dad had sent me a Valentine's Day card. It made me so happy to read it and know that he still thought of me, even while I was far away.


Later that night, we all ate pizza and started watching The Bachelor Winter Games. Then Autumn joined us and we had so much fun "wearing" hoodies and dancing around outside. It made us all laugh so hard, and definitely changed our day.



After we finally broke free from the hoodies, we all started to watch The Notebook and made Pazookies. It definitely made this Valentine's Day turn out to be one that we would remember. Although it started off a bit rough, it became one of the funnest nights we've had together.


On Thursday I headed home to surprise my family. They knew that I was going to be headed home this weekend to surprise Sofie for her birthday but Syd was the only one who knew I'd be coming a day early. I met up with Syd after she got done with school and we went to Zupa's to get some lunch. After that I ran to get some balloons for Sofie and for Bryn. I then headed home and surprised them. 


It was so fun to be with them that day! Later that night I watched the movie Masterminds with my dad. It was so fun to just spend time with him and laugh. It was a great way to start out my weekend with all of my family!


On Friday my mom, sisters, and I had gone to run some last minute errands for Sofie's birthday party. Cute little Scarlett came and joined us for the day, and she loved going to Joanne's Craft Store. We got her some beads to make a necklace and she loved it! 



For Sofie's party we went to the ice skating rink. She had a Winter Olympics themed party, and it turned out really cute! The girls got medals, made charm bracelets, and a lot of them learned to ice skate for the first time! It was a lot of fun and all of the girls were really cute!




On Saturday night, my parents were making fun of my PJ bottoms. I knew that I got them big, but I wanted to be comfortable. We then realized they were so big that I could fit Bryn in them with me! We also fit Preston in later, but could barely walk. It was definitely a laughable moment!


On Sunday we had our traditional Valentine's Day dinner. My mom's friend Alissa brought Cornish Game Hens over for my parents after my mom had miscarried. It was that night my Mom & Dad both wished to be parents over the wishbone from the hen. Ever since that night we have always had them for Thanksgiving dinner. This was the first time everyone was able to have their own hen. It grossed Bryn and Preston out when they started to eat theirs, so we may have to cut them in pieces for them next year...



Alissa had actually come over from work later that night. It was so good to catch up with her- we haven't seen her for a while! She ended up sleeping over because we had a snow storm that night. We watched family videos with her and then ate Pazookies for dessert. It was the best way to end the weekend with my family!


I am so grateful I could make so many memories this week. I was so glad that even though I had stressful moments, my friends and family were there to cheer me up!






Post a Comment