SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 4, 2018

valentine's decor, a weekend alone, & the superbowl

This weekend has felt like a whirlwind! Jenna and I decided to decorate our room for Valentine's Day with the stuff from my care package. It turned out really cute and we loved it!



To be honest, this week was pretty stressful overall. I had so much homework and felt so stressed with school work. I was running on barely any sleep so that I could finish all my homework in time, on top of tests and projects for other classes. I felt like I was drowning and I didn't know what to do. I FaceTimed my parents and just sobbed. They told me to try and breathe and offered me support and finally I was able to get to bed by 1, which was a miracle! By Saturday night I was able to finish everything and I don't know that I could've done it without turning to the Lord. It sounds kinda cliche in a way, but I honestly think that if I didn't pray for strength I would've gone crazy and had unstable emotions. It was also a hard weekend because I was all by myself. It was so hard not to have Jenna here to help me when I was struggling, but at the same time I felt like I was able to accomplish quite a bit. But by Sunday night I was so excited for her to come home! We went to a devotional and then came home to finish watching the Superbowl and JT's halftime performance.


Overall I learned a lot this week. I learned that I need to take more time for myself. I also learned that I needed to get enough sleep and stay focused on my schoolwork so that I can feel prepared and can get to bed in good time. I learned that the college life can get really hard, really fast. But I'm grateful I was able to have my family and friends by my side. They helped me so much and I don't know what I would do without them! I'm also grateful for the power of prayer. I learned that God cares about even the smallest things whether it be help getting to sleep, comfort, or the strength to accomplish goals. Although in the moment I felt like I wouldn't survive this week, I'm so glad I persevered and learned so much more about myself.

Post a Comment