SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, November 19, 2017

new friends, old friends, & the Cedar City temple

This week has been a lot of fun! It all started with Bai bringing home our new friend for Christmas- a HUGE dog! At first I didn't know what to think, but in all honesty it's been fun to have something comfy to sit on when we watch movies all together :) 


Yesterday Jenna, Ash, and I had gone to the temple Open House in Cedar City. It's about a 3 hour drive from us and it was actually a blast! We jammed out to throwback songs the whole drive down. Once we got to Cedar, we parked at a church where we took a bus to the temple. We were surprised that we were able to go through the line so quickly! It was so beautiful inside, and we all felt the Spirit so strongly. There were so many beautiful little details- such as a native flower, juniper berries, and feathers to honor the Native American culture in the area. One of my favorite things was it really captured Southern Utah in it's paintings. The baptismal font had a beautiful painting of pioneers baptizing Native Americans as they shared the gospel. It was very neat to see all of the thought and hard work that goes into building a temple. Another thing that I learned was that they individually clean every diamond on these huge chandeliers! Can you believe that?!






After the temple, we went to the SUU Chick-fil-A. We were so happy, since it's been so long since any of us have eaten there. While we were there I ran into LeighAnne, one of my old friends from high school! It was so much fun to catch up with her before she left to watch the football game. 



This week was unbelievable. I'm so glad that I am able to have such great roommates. I feel like we all care so much for each other, and have such a desire to do great things. I loved being able to have the reminder of what I could do better in my life to prepare to enter the temple again, later in my life. I loved being able to visit with LeighAnne and hear all about how college is treating her. All in all this week was a lot of fun and I have been filled with gratitude.



Post a Comment