SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 10, 2017

christmas choir concerts & roommate bonding

This has been one of the busiest and craziest weeks since starting college! But it has also been one of the most memorable. This week I had 2 choir concerts over the weekend that was somewhat hectic. On Friday we took a bus an hour away to perform, and let me tell ya- we. did. AWFUL. We didn't have rehearsal like we normally do that day, and it really took a toll on us. We forgot the words, came in early, and even sang in the wrong key! It made me super nervous for our performance on Saturday where my family was coming to support me. We drove 2 hours on Saturday which gave us plenty of time to practice on the bus. We ended up doing the best we've ever done that night, and it was so fun to visit with my family afterward. One of my old church leaders had come to the performance as well, and it was so good to see her. She actually had my professor when she was in college choir, so it was fun to talk about my experience with her.





But despite the stress that choir brought, I had so much fun relaxing with my roommates. We found out a while ago that Maddie and Court would be leaving after this semester, so we were determined to make as many memories as we could with them before they had to leave us. That meant trips to Solid Rock Cafe, and Abundance. As well as late nights, sledding on the stairs, and just having fun.







I'm sure going to miss all the fun times we had as roommates. Maddie and Court sure made school nights a party. But I'm glad that we were able to spend these last 4 months together. It's made my first semester of college one that I will never forget!

Post a Comment