SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 8, 2018

labor day weekend, face masks, & social media fast

This weekend was so much fun! This is definitely one of my favorite memories so far. Jenna, Aut, Bella, and I joined Jenna's family for Labor Day weekend. Her family brought down their four-wheelers and side-by-side for us to take up the canyon. I loved every minute of being with them. I couldn't help but laugh throughout the whole day.





As we drove up the canyon more, it started to get cold and rainy. We weren't very prepared for that though. Autumn and Bella shared a blanket, while Jenna and I each took a part of her dad's airport rain gear. We couldn't help laughing as we all froze together and looked like a gang of bikers.




We drove up to a lake and it was so much fun! Jen and Aut tried to fit in the rain gear together. They could barely walk and it gave all of us the giggles.


On Monday, we all met with our friends Dane and Bunker, and Dane's friend BJ joined us too. We went on another razor ride on the New Canyon road, and took a break at a lake. At the lake there was a rope swing that you could swing on and it seemed too scary for me, but everyone else had done it. After the lake and a lunch break, we went riding through some huge mud puddles. We got so dirty, but it was still one of the funnest days of my life!






On Thursday, I joined Jen and Bella at an event about social media. Last year Jenna introduced me to one of the funniest people on Instagram- Collin Kartchner. Collin began to use his social media for good, but realized that it still took a toll on the mental health of teens and young adults. His discussion inspired me to take a break from all of my social media and focus on my temporal and spiritual well-being. I'm so excited to see all the things that I can do, now that I'm not wasting time on my social media apps. I also want to see how long this social media fast can last.


To finish off the weekend, we decided to pamper ourselves with our neighbors Ethan and Davis. We had so much fun doing face masks and watching a movie together. It was exactly what I needed to end this week that was busy, but full of fun memories.

Post a Comment